The Passivmix passive summing box sums 16 analog line inputs
(expendable to 32) into one balanced stereo pair. The summing
process is accomplished by two dedicated, balanced passive
mix busses (L/R) for a true stereo image.
Passive summing is a process that attenuates the signal
level and requires quality amplification.
This passive summing box outputs (L/R) appear as Mic level
outputs so you can select your favorite mic pre amp to act
as summing amplifier!
This unique topology, enables the audio engineer to select
a summing amplifier character according to project. For
example: using tube mic pre for a warmer, rounder mix or
a solid state pre amp for faster response. Our summing box
features a unique summing headroom selector that lets you
choose your optimal driving level into the preamp's Mic,
perfecting the mix density to your sonic needs.
The simplicity of our passive summing box signal path has
unparalleled purity, even when compared to top quality mixing
• True passvie summing audio electronics.
• Pan switch for inputs 1-4 (hard panned/dual center).
• Buss link connection allows cascading two summing
boxes for a 32 inputs summing system.
• Phantom +48V blocking to protecting your D/A’S
analog line out’s from preamp’s Phantom power.
• 24K gold plated ¼” line input sockets.
• Headroom Select knob for optimal driving level into
the summing amplifier.
• 16 balanced line inputs via 1/4" TRS connectors.
• Line in impedance: 10K (balanced).
• 2 balanced Mic level Mix outputs via XLR connectors.
• Mix out impedance: 200 ohm balanced.
• Headroom modes: 0db,-6db,-12db.
• Dimensions: L:10.5" D:6.5" h:3.5"